How To Succeed In The End Time: Why Meditation Is So Important



For the last several weeks I’ve been sharing with you my views on end time events.  We’ve talked about prophecy and interpretations of prophecy and how these play out in current events.
I’ve made some startling statements.  I’ve told you that I believe Obama is the head of an Islamic caliphate.  I’ve told you He intends to bring our economy down.  I’ve told you we are further into the tribulation than many people realize.
All of this can get people worked up.  Although you may not intend to, you’ll start running around trying to get ready.
You’ll feel ANXIOUS.  We need to address this.
Obviously I want you to take what I’m saying seriously, I want you to prepare.  But we need to create a BALANCE between our physical needs and our spiritual needs.
It’s like a person who decides they want to get into physical shape.  They may start working out like crazy for the first week, then taper off, then quit altogether.  Why?  Because they haven’t put their objectives in PERSPECTIVE.
I want to help you get your actions towards an end time effort in perspective.
Here’s the deal, no one can cover all the bases.  In your preparation you’re going to forget something.  You’ll fall short.  There just won’t be enough time to prepare with the amount of money you have.  Don’t beat yourself up about it.  I want you to learn to TRUST the Lord.
Trusting the Lord isn’t just saying “God will cover it, I don’t have to do anything.”  This is like the man who was given a talent and did nothing with it.”  The Lord wasn’t pleased.
On the other hand, we need to learn how to REST in God.  God’s rest will give us the peace we need to get through the Tribulation— and make our mark in it.
Consider Stephen, a martyr of the first century church.  Stephen didn’t get a chance to go hide in the woods and avoid the persecution brought against him.  More than likely he wasn’t supposed to.
Stephen was at peace with God.  People brought false accusations against him, just like they may do to you.
But Stephen had been resting in God.  As he stood before his accusers his face looked like an angel.
All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel.
Acts 6:15
Things didn’t go well for Stephen from an earthly perspective.  Enraged by his testimony, his persecutors decided to stone him.
This is the accounting of Stephen's stoning.  Because of Stephen's ability to rest in God, he probably had more impact on the world than most Christians, inspite of his untimely death. 
But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.  “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”  At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul.  While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”  Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.
Acts 7:55-60
Dear readers, if we are to have the impact Stephen had, even in our Tribulation, we must learn to REST in God.
How do we go about achieving this rest?
Rest is actually achieved through meditation.  Meditation is spending time in the presence of the Lord and His promises.  Meditation is not memorizing scripture.  Meditation is ruminating scripture, like a cow chewing it’s cud.  It’s rolling scripture over and over again in your mind.  When we do it long enough our mind begins to BELIEVE what it hears.
What are some of the things we need to believe as we enter the end times?
1.  God is in control.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28
2.  God has a predetermined purpose for each of us.
For (God) chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.  In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.
Ephesians 1:4-5, 11
3.  We are to keep our eyes on Him and not worry about how things seem.
The Lord is my light and my salvation — whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?  When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall.  Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.  One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.  For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.  Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord.  Hear my voice when I call, Lord; be merciful to me and answer me.  My heart says of you, “Seek his face! ” Your face, Lord, I will seek.  Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper.  Do not reject me or forsake me, God my Savior.  Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.  Teach me your way, Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.  Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, spouting malicious accusations.  I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27
4.  God will give you peace even in tough circumstances.
You will keep Him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts you.
Isaiah 26:3
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6
5.  God is able to do anything thing He wants regardless of the circumstance.
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”  Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.  He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.  You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.  A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.  You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.  If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling,no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.  For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.  “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.  He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.  With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
Psalm 91
6.  God is faithful and wants you to be faithful.
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Psalm 57:10
Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
Psalm 86:11
7.  God’s love is unfailing.
His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man; the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.
Psalms 147:10-11
Find Balance Through Meditation
As you meditate on these scriptures and others, God will give you a confidence that only comes from Him.  Your stance, the way you hold yourself, will tell others, “If God is for me, who can be against me!”  The answer, NO ONE.

They can put you in prison, they can kill you, but they can’t stop God’s purpose in you.
This is the BALANCE you need.  You’ve done the best you can preparing physically— or the best you could at the time.  You’ve also prepared your heart.  God is in control, you are at REST to do His will, regardless of what that may be.
May God give you His peace as we walk towards the final days.
Maranatha!